15 hours approximately
English and Spanish (bilingual tour)
Cusco Downtown hotel
- Be part of an off-the-beaten path to Waqrapukara archaeological center.
- Enjoy a challenging day hike surrounded by lagoons and stunning Andean landscapes.
- Discover ancient cave paintings and gigantic geological formations.
What is and what is not included
- Drop off to hotels downtown in Cusco.
- Bilingual service (English/Spanish speaking tour guide).
- Breakfast and Box lunch.
- First aid kit and oxygen.
- Walking sticks
- Personal expenses
Our service starts with the pick-up of your Cusco downtown accommodation (04:00 am to 04:30 am approx). Then we will depart for a 2.5 hour stretch towards the town of Sangarara and then to Pitumarca (3570 mts/11712.6 ft), where we will have our breakfast.
We continue in our transport for a period of 30 minutes through an unpaved road to Qenterococha lagoon (4500 mts/2796.2 ft). Where we will start our walk to Waqrapukara walking along a flat road with some undulations for an approximate time of 2 hrs.
During the tour we will appreciate beautiful lagoons and high Andean landscapes until reaching the
first viewpoint. Here we begin the descent for a period of 30 minutes until we reach the Waqrapukara archaeological site (4100 mts/2547.6 ft), as we get closer we will see the canyon of
Apurímac, the stone formations and the depth of its valley.
Upon our arrival, will have our tour through Waqrapukara archaeological and ceremonial site for a period of 1 hour approx. discovering its magnificent architecture and enigmas of its purpose.
Finally, we will return by another different road towards the town of Campi (3650 mts/2268.0 ft) for a period of 2.5 hrs along a stretched road and during the journey we can appreciate cave paintings and gigantic geological formations, as well as typical flora and fauna.
Afterwards, our transport will be waiting for us to return back to Cusco. (Arriving at 19:00 pm approx.)
- o It is recommended to spend at least 01 day prior as it is a challenging hike at a high altitude.
- o Services require a minimum of participants, then are subject to availability. If you prefer we can arrange a private tour with additional costs, please let us know if you would be interested.
- If you prefer a lighter option, we can offer a 2 days/1 night service. Please consult with your travel advisor.
- Each participant must carry their own box lunch.
- For groups of more than 08 participants, a guide assistant and cook (for a picnic lunch) will be arranged.
- Packing list: Small backpack of 20 or 30 lts, appropriate trekking clothes, trekking shoes, raincoats, pants, rain poncho, water, toilet paper, hand gel sanitizer, personal medications for altitude, sun glasses, snacks (cookies, nuts, sweets, chocolates, energy bars, rehydrating beverages)
- Do not forget to bring your camera to capture the best photos!
- Bring some cash for your extras, tips and others.