Short Inca Trail – 2 Days
The short Inca Trail trek is a great idea if the classic Inca Trail is fully booked, or if you are not in the position to do the complete trail. With this amazing trek, you do not have to miss out on the magic of the Inca Trail if you are not in great shape or if you do not have time in your trip to take the four day trail. The Short Inca Trail still allows you to see the famous Wiña Wayna and to see the sunset over the famed ruins of Machu Picchu.
Day 1: Cusco – Wiñaywayna – Aguas Calientes (B, BxL)
You will be picked up very early after you eat breakfast from your hotel in Cusco and transferred to Ollantaytambo train station for the short ride to Km 104, the beginning of the shortened Inca Trail. Here, you will meet your guide who will brief you on the trek ahead and begin your hike up to the Chachabamba ruins. At the ruins, you will have time to explore and your guide will share with you the interesting history of the site. From Chachabamba, you will hike a gentle incline through the thick tropical forest, observing orchids and rich greenery. Emerging from the forest, you will come to the famous Wiña Wayna (Forever Young) where your guide will lead you on a tour of the site. From Wiña Wayna, you will make your way up steep Inca Stairs that lead you to the Sun Gate, where you will have your first vista of Machu Picchu as the sun is setting. After enjoying the sunset from a special viewing point, you will be transported down to Aguas Calientes where you will spend the night in a Hostel (Optionally you can upgrade your hotel).
Day 2: Machu Picchu – Cusco (B)
Early in the morning, you will wake up to catch the first bus up to the ruins to watch the sunrise over this lost city of the Incas. In this ultimate destination, you will get a guided tour where your well-informed guide will lead you through this sprawling site teaching you about the history and the theories of the purpose of Machu Picchu. After the tour you will have ample time to explore the site at your leisure or do some more hiking. For example, hike Huayna Picchu for a great panoramic view of the site or climb Machu Picchu Mountain to enjoy this ancient wonder from a higher vantage point in complete solitude.
There is also the challenging Putu Kusi hike involving many tall ladders or the more relaxed Mandor Pampa hike leading to a waterfall at the end of a trail through the dense tropical forest. When you have your fill, you can return to Aguas Calientes to enjoy lunch and the relaxing hot springs. In the evening you will be transferred to the train station for your return ride to Cusco.
End of our Services.
2017 Price per person based on a double accommodation: $470.00
2018 Price per person based on a double accommodation: $489.00
- Huayna Picchu Extension: $89.00 per person
- Hotels and train upgrades at an extra cost available
WHAT SITES ARE VISITED?
Chachabamba, Wiña Wayna, Inti Puku, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu
HOW LONG IS THE TREK?
2 days, 16 KM
From 1 to 8 people
Basic hostel in Aguas Calientes, Upgrades at an extra cost available.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN OUR INCREDIBLE PRICES?
- All pick-ups and transfers and tours as indicated in group service with English speaking guides.
- Basic Hostel in Aguas Calientes
- Standard Tourist train tickets
- 1-way bus tickets (first day)
- Bus tickets from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes where the train station is situated.
- Entrance fees to the Inca trail and Machu Picchu
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Box Lunch
- First-aid kit and oxygen bottle
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN OUR INCREDIBLE PRICES?
- International air tickets to Peru and airport taxes (US$32 per person)
- Breakfast on the first day and meals in Aguas Calientes
- Meals not indicated.
- 2-way bus tickets (second day)
- Domestic flights
- Additional expenses such as telephone bills, laundry, etc.
- Extra fee for the Hot spring fee, tips.
- Personal Travel Insurance.
DETAILS OF YOUR TRIP TO PERU:
- If you go to high altitudes you may suffer “Soroche” (altitude sickness), bring diamox or ask your doctor for advice, just in case.(See more details).
- Checked-in luggage weight limit on domestic flights is 20 kg (44.09 lb).
- Carry-on luggage for domestic flights cannot exceed 8 kg (17.64 lb).
- Insurance against theft, loss, illness and/or accident.
- In addition to your carry-on, you can bring with you a personal item such as a purse, a lap top, a video camera or a diaper bag (when traveling with an infant).
- The rate for tips is at your discretion.
- The exchange rate is about 3.00 soles per dollar.
- Airport taxes for international flights are $30.25, payable at the airport.
- We will assist you in every step of your trip, so please feel free to call us at any time, day or night, if necessary.
- We reserve the right to make changes in the schedule of the trip without prior notice, due to changes in climate conditions, river water levels, flight or bus arrival and departure times or any other unforeseeable reason that may develop, in order to make the best of the trip.
- We would be pleased to arrange additional free days to your tour, if you so desire, in order to give you more time to explore things or places that may be of particular interest to you
CONDITIONS & TERMS:
- Please note that the program deposit is non-refundable. The deposit is used to purchase the ticket entrance to the Inca Trail, Machu Picchu and also the entrance for the porters (they will carry just camping equipment and the food for the trek), and once a space is purchased it cannot be resold.
- Peru & U will not give any refunds if a participant decides to cancel the trip prior to departure or during the trip (except from the entrances to the archaeological sites and the bus/train tickets)
- If Peru & U doesn’t confirm the reservation, your payment will be refunded totally.
- All participants have to carry their own backpacks, including sleeping bag and mattresses unless they booked an extra porter or the service includes porters, horsemen or mules.
- A participant must declare if he/she has any sickness or medical disorder and must bring his/her own medicines.
- All participants must bring their original passport and, if available, their original student card ´ISIC´.
It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accident, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. Peru & U cannot be accounted for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her own.
- In case force majeure occurs, like an impossibility to operate the program or trek due to unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside Peru & U’ control like: extreme weather conditions, landslides, strikes not allowing operation or putting it at risk, sudden inaccessibility of route, etc. Peru & U will propose viable solutions to operate the program within the available dates, or if impossible, will then propose an alternative program. If the alternative program chosen by the client is of lower value than that originally booked then the client is entitled to a refund of the price difference. All costs derived will be at the expense of the client. In case none of these would be feasible, Peru & U would refund all the money paid except all the incurred expenses so far. General information and recommendations
- Reservation: Since the number of trekking permits is limited to 500 per day (about 200 tourists and 300 trekking staff) it is important to book well in advance – especially in the high season between May and September. In the low season between December and January, it is possible to get a ticket about 20 days in advance.
- Passport details: Please make sure that your passport is valid for the time you intend doing the Inca Trail. Furthermore, assure that the passport’s details you send us via email, such as the passport’s number, your name etc., are correct. Changes on short notice will complicate the entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Travel Insurance: It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accident, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. Peru & U cannot be accounted for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her own actions.
- Porters: The Porters will only carry general camping equipment. Backpacks, sleeping bags, mattresses and additional equipment must be carried by the customer. However, if you wish to have a personal porter, this can be arranged. Please let us know in your reservation. Tips for the porters are always welcome.
Camping sites: The camping sites on the journey to Machu Picchu can vary from those described in our brochure. This is because some camping sites are already booked out, depending how far in advance a client books. In this case, the Ministerio de Cultura, supervising all agencies that offer the Inca Trail, will assign a camping site.
- Return ticket: We will leave Aguas Calientes by train either at 6:45 pm or at 7:00 pm. This depends on the ticket availability and on how far in advance you booked your trip. During the afternoon, you will have time to have lunch in one of the nice restaurants in Aguas Calientes. Moreover, you can visit the hot springs to relax a bit. You will be back in Cusco city either at about 10:00 pm or at about 11:00 pm.
- Your health: It is a common misconception that because many people do the Inca Trail it must be easy. It is not. The trail is 45km (26 miles) long and involves great physical exertion to complete. Combined with high altitude and extreme weather the trek can be hard work. Therefore, we strongly recommend ensuring that you are well acclimatized, in good shape and healthy. Hence, you will enjoy your trip from the beginning on. o A participant must declare if he/she has any sickness or medical disorder and must bring his/her own medicines.