Comfort Lares Trek – 4 Days
View Peru Advantages
Our Comfort Lares Trail includes all the services than the others and our Extra Fine Services at an Incredible Price, What does all of this mean? It means you simply get more for your money with View Peru.
- Small Group Tour, 8 People Maximum
- One booking, One Tree, Every time you make a booking, we plant a Tree!
- Comfortable Camping Class, Modern and new trekking and camping equipment.
- Warm and comfortable tents/ Air mats for your trek, We Include feather blankets
- Basic Hotel in Aguas Calientes
- Portable chemical toilet
- We are highly recommended on TripAdvisor
- Assistance 24/7 since the moment you book with us.
- You’ll have an escort who will make sure you’ll have a memorable trek to Machu Picchu!
- All transfers, and tours with English speaking guides.
DAY 1, CUSCO – CANCHA CANCHA (L, D)
Your guide will arrive to pick you up from your hotel at 5am, and you will travel together to the Pisac Inca Citadel by private car. Here, you will have your breakfast and coffee while enjoying the beautiful view of the city and valleys.
Next, you will take a 20-minute drive onward to Huaran to meet your horses and horsemen who will escort you for the first 3 hours of the trek up to Canchacancha. This small, traditional, local village is where you will have lunch to refuel for the trek ahead of you.
From here, your hike will continue for about 2 hours before you arrive at the campsite for tea and to experience the outlook of the snowcapped Andean peaks. Be sure to look up at the stars in the evening and admire the constellations.
DAY 2, CANCHA CANCHA – KISHWARANI (B, L, D)
After an early rise and breakfast, you will start what will be the most difficult part of your trek. This portion of the trek will last approximately 4-hour upwards to the highest point of your trek at 4700 meters.
You will then rest to experience the outstanding views of the glaciers, lakes, llamas and valleys that surround you, unlike anything you have ever seen.
After taking in the views, you will then begin the 1-hour descent to have lunch by a glacial lake and rest before continuing on downward for 2 hours. This is where you will reach the campsite located in the Kiswarani Community. Here you will enjoy local culture and a spectacular waterfall after a long day of hiking.
DAY 3, KISHAWARANI – AGUAS CALIENTES (B, L, D),
After enjoying your breakfast, you will ascend for about 3 hours until reaching the Hullkiccasa Pass for breathtaking views of the landscape below where you will take a rest.
Next, you will descend another 2 hours through the farmland of the Cucani people. We will stop here to visit the local school and take time to get to know the people of the community and their culture, to give you a real taste of Peru.
A little further past the community is where we will get to enjoy the natural volcanic hot springs and have lunch. After your resting time, you will continue by car to the town of Ollantaytambo, where you will have dinner at a luxury restaurant before taking an evening train to Aguas Calientes to spend the night in a nice hotel.
DAY 4, MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO (B)
Today is the day you have been waiting for! This is the day that makes the hike well worth it. You will rise bright and early to take the first bus to Machu Picchu, where your guide will give you a 2-hour private tour of the ruins. After your private tour, you will have time to explore everything Machu Picchu has to offer on your own. This will be your chance to take part in some extra activities, such as Huayna Picchu, Sun Gate, or other excursions in Aguas Calientes town (hot springs, museums) before boarding a late afternoon train back to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco.
Daily Departures, Price per person based a double/Twin Accommodations in US dollars valid for all 2017 and 2018.
For single travelers, ask for available dates.
|Daily dapartures||Availability||Questions?||Price per person|
|Fixed Dates||View Dates||Contact Us||from $399.00|
|Daily Departures||Contact Us||$899.00|
If you wish Hotels Nights, Flights, extra Tours in Peru and Bolivia, are bookable by View Peru, please let us know.
|Daily dapartures||Availability||Questions?||Price per person|
|Hot Shower + Amenities, Optional||Contact Us||$89.00|
|Train Upgrade, Optional||Contact Us||$69.00|
|Hotel Upgrade to 3stars, Optional||Contact Us||$65.00|
Details of your trip to Peru:
- If you go to high altitudes you may suffer “Soroche” (altitude sickness), bring diamox or ask your doctor for advice, just in case.(See more details).
- Checked-in luggage weight limit on domestic flights is 20 kg (44.09 lb). The fee for excess luggage is US$1.8 per kilo.
- Carry-on luggage for domestic flights cannot exceed 8 kg (17.64 lb).
- Insurance against theft, loss, illness and/or accident.
- In addition to your carry-on, you can bring with you a personal item such as a purse, a lap top, a video camera or a diaper bag (when traveling with an infant).
- The rate for tips is at your discretion.
- The exchange rate is about 2.50 soles per dollar.
- Airport taxes for international flights are $30.25, payable at the airport.
- We will assist you in every step of your trip, so please feel free to call us at any time, day or night, if necessary.
- We reserve the right to make changes in the schedule of the trip without prior notice, due to changes in climate conditions, river water levels, flight or bus arrival and departure times or any other unforeseeable reason that may develop, in order to make the best of the trip.
- We would be pleased to arrange additional free days to your tour, if you so desire, in order to give you more time to explore things, or places that may be of particular interest to you
- From the first to the third day we are accompanied by horsemen and mules that will carry all camping equipment and the customer’s private luggage (up to 5 kg). On the fourth day all luggage will be transferred to the hydroelectric station by car.
- Visit to Huayna Picchu: For Huayna Picchu mountain requires to be booked long time in advance however we charge additional $ 19.00 USD and then we’ll guarantee your entrance for Huayna Picchu as well (This new State law began since the 18th of July, 2011).
- Tips for porters, cooks and guides are always welcome. The porters are also very grateful for a small donation, for example clothes or school equipment for their children.
Conditions & Terms:
- Please note that the program deposit is non-refundable. The deposit is used to purchase the ticket entrance to the Inca Trail, Machu Picchu and also the entrance for the porters (they will carry just camping equipment and the food for the trek), and once a space is purchased it cannot be resold.
- View Peru will not give any refunds if a participant decides to cancel the trip prior to departure or during the trip (except from the entrances to the archaeological sites and the bus/train tickets)
- If View Peru doesn’t confirm the reservation, your payment will be refunded totally.
- All participants have to carry their own back packs, including sleeping bag and mattresses unless they booked an extra porter or the service includes porters, horsemen or mules.
- A participant must declare if he/she has any sickness or medical disorder and must bring his/her own medicines.
- All participants must bring their original passport and, if available, their original student card ´ISIC´.
- It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accident, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. View Peru cannot be accounted for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her own.
- In case force majeure occurs, like impossibility to operate the program or trek due to unusual or unforeseen circumstances outside View Peru’ control like: extreme weather conditions, landslides, strikes not allowing operation or putting it at risk, sudden inaccessibility of route, etc. View Peru will propose viable solutions to operate the program within the available dates, or if impossible, will then propose an alternative program. If the alternative program chosen by the client is of lower value than that originally booked then the client is entitled to a refund of the price difference. All costs derived will be at the expense of the client. In case none of these would be feasible, Golden Destinations would refund all the money paid except all the incurred expenses so far. General information and recommendations
- Reservation: Since the number of trekking permits is limited to 500 per day (about 200 tourists and 300 trekking staff) it is important to book well in advance – especially in the high season between May and September. In the low season between December and January, it is possible to get a ticket about 20 days in advance.
- Passport details: Please make sure that your passport is valid for the time you intend doing the Inca Trail. Furthermore, assure that the passport’s details you send us via email, such as the passport’s number, your name etc., are correct. Changes on short notice will complicate the entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Travel Insurance: It is compulsory that all clients have personal travel insurance. This insurance must cover personal accident, medical expenses, loss of effects and all other expenses which might arise as a result of loss, damage or injury occurring to the client. Golden Destinations cannot be accounted for any accident or loss of personal belongings the customer caused by his/her own actions.
- Porters: The Porters will only carry general camping equipment. Backpacks, sleeping bags, mattresses and additional equipment must be carried by the customer. However, if you wish to have a personal porter, this can be arranged. Please let us know in your reservation. Tips for the porters are always welcome.
- Camping sites: The camping sites on the journey to Machu Picchu can vary from those described in our brochure. This is because some camping sites are already booked out, depending how far in advance a client books. In this case, the INC (Instituto Nacional de Cultura), supervising all agencies that offer the Inca Trail, will assign a camping site.
- Return ticket: We will leave Aguas Calientes by train either at 2:55 pm or at 6:45 pm. This depends on the ticket availability and on how far in advance you booked your trip. During the afternoon, you will have time to have lunch in one of the nice restaurants in Aguas Calientes. Moreover, you can visit the hot springs to relax a bit. You will be back in your hotel either at about 6:00 pm or at about 10:00 pm.
- Your health: It is a common misconception that because many people do the Inca Trail it must be easy. It is not. The trail is 45km (26 miles) long and involves great physical exertion to complete. Combined with high altitude and extreme weather the trek can be hard work. Therefore, we strongly recommend ensuring that you are well acclimatized, in good shape and healthy. Hence, you will enjoy your trip from the beginning on. o A participant must declare if he/she has any sickness or medical disorder and must bring his/her own medicines.